Buckhead's Premier Remodeling Specialist
In 1838, Henry Irby purchased 202 1/2 acres surrounding the present intersection of Peachtree, Roswell, and West Paces Ferry roads from Daniel Johnson for $650. Irby subsequently established a general store and tavern at the northwest corner of the intersection. The name "Buckhead" comes from a story that Irby killed a large buck deer and placed the head in a prominent location. Prior to this, the settlement was called Irbyville. By the late 1800s, Buckhead had become a rural vacation spot for wealthy Atlantan. In the 1890s, Buckhead was rechristened Atlanta Heights but by the 1920s it was again "Buckhead".
Information courtesy of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckhead